The project was a remodel of the Kamiah Courthouse for the Nez Perce Tribe. The building was originally built in 1939, is approx. 3,000 sq. ft. and is located in Kamiah ID. The building has had many uses over the years, everything from commercial storefront space, a casino and eventually to office space for the Tribal police.
The finished project will be used as a courthouse for the Nez Perce Tribe and city of Kamiah.
It consisted of a complete interior demolition of the building leaving only the 4 exterior walls and roof structure. Once demolition was complete, reconstruction of new walls, finishes, mechanical, plumbing and electrical were completed.
Upon completion the Nez Perce Tribe held a building dedication ceremony including tribal drumming, song, prayer and smudging.